Soya sauce chicken is a Cantonese traditional cuisine which is very tender and juicy and made of chicken cooked with soy sauce. The strong and rich flavour of Soya sauce usually gives the mouth watering taste to chicken. Try this at your home and enjoy the recipe, for making Soya sauce chicken you need following ingredients.
Chicken ½ kg, cut into pieces of your choice
Water ¼ cup water
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Soya sauce 2tbsp
Honey 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce ½ tbsp
Minced ginger 2 tsp
Sesame oil 1 tsp
Dark Soya sauce ¼ tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Spring onion 1 stalk (diced)
Coriander leaves 1 stalk (diced)
Red chilli 1 (cut into strips)
* Marinate chicken with Soya sauce, honey, oyster sauce, minced ginger, sesame oil, dark Soya sauce and oil and leave it overnight or if you can not then marinate it for 2 hours by putting in fridge.
* put few drops of oil in a pan and add marinated chicken in it.
* stir it well so chicken settles properly, add salt and pepper to taste and let it cook by covering it with lid
* When sauce cooked and chicken turn to light brown then low the flame
* Now add water in corn flour, make a mixture and add in chicken
* Cook it on high flame for about 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done
* Time to garnish with spring onion, coriander leaves and red chilli
If you like the recipe then leave your comment in comment box